Sunday, April 20, 2008

Tour of Skagit Valley

A wild weekend started slowly with me taking a nap in the swing with my elephant blanket. This is my first bonding experience of the elephant kind.


The excitement level went up substantially when I fired up my new Jumparoo. I'm still a little small for it but I just gotta jump.



Then it was off to Skagit Valley about an hour north of Seattle. Known for its agriculture, this time of year brings fields of daffodils and tulips to life. The snow(!), sleet(!), and rain tried to ruin our sightseeing but we persevered and snapped the following shots. As you can see, I was really excited about taking in the sights.






A quick stop at northwest fav' the Rhododendron Cafe for lunch was a welcome break from the rain. Truly one of the finest restaurants in Edison, WA.


The real purpose of the trip was to hang out at friend Steve G's family's Beach House. Huckin' Easy was helping out at a local high school ultimate tournament and the associated friends, family, and hangers-on were invited to hang out at the Beach House. If you click on the below picture you can see the fabulous view and the metropolis of Edison, WA in the distance.



I'm still not feeling 100% but it didn't stop me from being cute.



They woke me up to take this picture. I'm that important.


Then Grandpa Ken showed up for a week-long visit. Hooray.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like fun guys! wish we could've been there. miss you.