Sunday, July 13, 2008

My first camping trip - Lake Wenatchee

We had a great first camping trip to the wilderness of the north Cascade Mountains. Truly roughing it, as can be expected. Naturally we had a new tent, the "Big Agnes", which lived up to its name. Supposedly the tent sleeps six, but we found out it sleeps one Jack in a pack-n-play, two adults on a queen-size air mattress, and has room left for a camping/nursing chair. Nice!

The hike from the car to our site was about 10 or 12 . . . feet.

Mom and I getting our camp on. Aloha, by the way.

I only had four layers of clothes and a beanie for sleeping.

Dad and I showing our matching fleece pants. I love coordination!

Basking in the morning warmth as the sun gently heats the tent. To 80 degrees (F) by 9 am.

Flying.


Oh, we didn't actually stay in the tent the whole time. There were lots of other parents and little people (infants, that is) on the trip.

We made some great camp food. My first brat'.

Playtime with the sweet ladies: Trudy and Amelia.

And the monkey chair was a hit with all of us. Thanks again Ole and Lena! It even has a place for my bottle.

Roughing it on the air mattress before bed. (This look brought to you by REI)

And there was a lake there, too.

1 comment:

sara b said...

oooh, looks like fun! I see you got the Ergo. What are those things on the straps? Emma loves to suck on the straps right there! Wish us luck, we go camping at the end of the month for 3 nights!