Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

Pumpkins, pumpkins and more pumpkins! Took a trip to the pumpkin patch today with some buddies. Saw a ton of pumkins. I was probably most interested in the straw and decomposing pumpkin vines. The wheelbarrows were cool too. Let's just say that the day was well documented. Here are a few of the faves.

We started out with what we thought were the big ones. You will have to keep reading to see what happens later.




If you indeed kept reading this post, I will now reward you with le piece de resistance. Holy cow this pumpkin is HUGE.

Posing with mom on top of the biggest pumpkin I have ever seen.

Look mom, no hands!

Now it is off to the fields for . . . yes, more pumpkins! And dirt.

And then I got to ride in the wheelbarrow with TJ.

Here I am demonstrating my alpha male status with Carson and TJ and the pumpkin prop.

How many babies can you fit in a wheelbarrow anyway? We got 6. Go ahead and try to top that.

To cap off the trip we rode a big tractor out to yet another pumpkin filled field with pumpkins more my size. How am I going to decide which one to bring home for Halloween? Oh the pressure.

This is the one...

Or maybe this one?

This is definitely the one. And that is the tractor that drove us out here. I am pretty sure this is the biggest tractor I have ever seen.

What an exhausting day!

1 comment:

Sandy and Ralph said...

Maybe it's the juxtaposition with the pumpkins, but in some lights, Jack resembles his grand-dad Ken. Has anyone noticed this before, or am I just seeing things (like big pumpkins)?

Ralph