Sunday, April 19, 2009

I tip toe through the tulips

Dad's awesome Ultimate (Frisbee) team was volunteering at a local youth tournament in Mt. Vernon, WA and the team stayed at Big Steve's family's beach house on Samish Island. We went up for the day to play in the flowers and the mud, and to eat delicious food.

The trip started like this. And it was a good thing because I had to dip way into my reserves to show off for the crowd at the Gillespie beach house.

Frolicking in a field of daffodils near Mount Vernon. That's Mt. Baker in the background.

I've never felt so alive! I love daffodils!

A nice family shot.

Ah-ha. Finally. This is what I came for. Dirt + water = a good time in the mud. Who cares about tulips.

Racing dad to the next mud pit.

Back at the Gillespie beach pad we went to explore the mud flats. It was like heaven!

I even got to engage in my second favorite activity . . . licking rocks. Delicious! (By the way, does this shirt make my belly look big? Be honest.)

Once inside I really laid on the charm for the crowd.

Just taking in the views.

Emma prepared a scrumptious dinner - I especially liked the green beans and the gourmet cheeses (bring on the triple cream!). I had to do some laps around the table to work off those extra calories before bed time. That's Big Steve at the head of the table (thanks!) and me cruising the perimeter with my bottle.

No comments: