Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fun in Cali

Sorry it has been so long since my last post. Hopefully this super size post will satisfy your Jack cravings.

Mom and I took a trip to California last weekend to visit Grandma & Grandpa Larson, Auntie Elise & Uncle Josh. It was a great trip filled with fun.

Uncle Josh taught me to play Foosball - super cool.

But then he made me do some work.


At Grandma & Grandpa's house I played and played and played. Mostly with some awesome baseballs, bats and a real glove from Great Grandpa Larson (a.k.a. Ole).


As a special treat for Grandpa's birthday we went to a real baseball game.

I got to meet the coach and watch the players get ready.

It was really hard to sit still - I just wanted to go down on the field and throw, catch and hit the ball. I've got quite an arm now and I want to show it off as much as possible. You never know when scouts might be watching.


It was a special night at the ballpark with $1 hot dogs (yum)

and $1 ice cream (double yum)


Silly Auntie Elise and Uncle Josh

The next day we went to Fairy Tale Land. It was amazing. Josh took me on a really big slide.

I got to climb all over stuff

ride like a surfer dude

ride the horse

drive the carriage

ride in the carriage

be a scarecrow, etc. etc. You get the idea. It was fun.

Later we played at Elise & Josh's house. Even though it was cool by California standards, I was just fine in my big boy underwear and a t-shirt. Here I am blowing some bubbles.

I learned how to swing the bat like a professional ball player. My new favorite chant is aaa-batta-batta-batta, aaaa-batta-batta-batta, swing-batta-batta-batta. I also like to sing "take me out to the ball game". I guess you might say I am leaning towards playing baseball.

A rare moment of me sitting still to eat.

I had lots of opportunities to help Grandma & Grandpa on this trip. Here I am helping Grandpa fix the @!*&%$##! leaking utility sink.

And here I am helping Grandma water her pretty flowers.

I had such a great trip. I was a rock star on the plane too (both ways). For the first time I told mommy I had to go to the bathroom (#1) on my own volition - unfortunately it was while the fasten seat belt sign was on in the plane. But I am making great progress in the potty training arena (for those of you keeping track). More cool stuff coming soon. Peace out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If I'm not mistaken I called baseball MONTHS back!

Anonymous said...

We had sooooo much fun with you in town! I never knew a 2 year old could be so coordinated...your baseball skills are incredible, Jack-a-roo!! Love you!
xoxo, Auntie E

P.S. The pic of me is rather scary...it's ok, Jack still loves me, regardless of how many chins I might have!